I decided to break up with my coffee maker, but it didn't work out. Love is blind. The blind that comes with raging headaches and shaking hands and makes you knock all the cereal out of the cupboard in a frantic search for filters. I didn't tell my machine, but I switched to half-caf. I will sneak off in the night.
The other day Gavin tried to fall asleep at 5pm, which wouldn't do because then he'd be up doing the pretty girl dance with Po until midnight, so I nudged him. "Oh, I'm not sleeping, mom, my eyes were just a little bit broken, that's all." When we finally went to bed and woke up again (in the morning) he shuffled into the bathroom as I scrabbled at the coffee pot. After a long moment there was a clatter in the bathroom and then warbling falsetto, so I popped in to check on him. He had an audience of stuffed cats, and looked up at me in my jammies, "Oh hi mom! I was just... um..." he looked concerned, reached up slowly, and then juggled my nungas. "Huh, look at that."
I guess they weren't where he thought they should be without a bra on.
No comments:
Post a Comment