Emptied the travel budget in the school bookstore. Fucking textbooks. Thank goodness for his Military History professor, who did not assign a book. Why are computer engineer majors required to take military history? They are the ones who make systems for guided missiles. I’ve been breaking out into song ever since learning this. “GUIDED MIIIIISSIIILES.” I’m four days short of sleep and running on decaf, this is my time to shine as an embarrassing parent. (Gavin is interested in autonomous cars, not missiles, and has strict instructions to thwart the rise of the murder robots if given the chance.)
I did not want my child to face his first winter without waterproof, insulated boots. We finally found out-of-season footwear in the dead animal emporium; the hunting and fishing store. Now he has sub-zero footwear that is also resistant to blood-born pathogens, perfect for wading in snow and the blood of your enemies.
I was going to claim this massive store as my post-apocalyptic bunker, until I realized I’d have to share it with these guys, along with about two dozen stuffed wolves. That is a lot of bodies to hold funeral services for while also surviving an apocalypse.
Survival boots! With teenage stink protection!
$500 worth of textbooks that don’t even come with covers, just pages with binder holes
After sending him off to orientation, we drove into downtown Rochester to find a proper brewery with Salvo, and the Rohrbach nailed it. They even have a view of the armory from the parking lot, which is an actual castle. An actual castle which is now screening
Gojira. Armories are not as well armed as they used to be, I guess.
Love
Old people who spent an hour drinking and trash talking college loans and 90s cartoons
Castle of LIES
The boy is settled in, parents have been chased off campus, and it’s time to go home. He’s been texting me memes to soften the transition. Salvo headed back to Toronto, and we feel good that Gavin has an adult within driving distance in case of an emergency.
Heading back over the continent and the ocean.
I would resent Textbooks because they still haven't taught my Grandchild whose a Sophomore in High School to Read yet! Glad everyone got settled in nicely, the transition might be hard, for you, probably okay for him, they don't miss us as much as we hope they will.
ReplyDelete